Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the branch of computer sciences that emphasizes the development of intelligent machines, thinking and working like humans. For example, speech recognition, problem-solving, learning and planning. It is an essential part of the technology industry.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) that is made or written by the humans themselves may be used by robots to take over the cities or even the whole planet. Artificial Intelligence brings our computers to life and turns them into something else who make our decisions. Will computers start gaining control of humans? It appears to be true. Scientists believe that take over will be friendly but I think it will not be handover but the takeover by future robots like the movie “Passengers” a sci-fi romance film released in 2016. Alexa turn on the tv, change the channel, increase the volume. This is now a primitive example of Artificial Intelligence.
In some next decades, AI will evolve to the point where it will be knowing more on the intellectual level than any Human Being. AI might grow faster and make itself capable of knowing more than the entire population of the planet put together.
Artificial intelligence uses machine learning to mimic human intelligence. The computer has to learn how to respond to certain actions, so it uses algorithms and historical data to create something called a propensity model. Research associated with artificial intelligence is highly technical and specialized.
In Artificial Intelligence Machines understand verbal commands, distinguish pictures, drive cars and play games better than we do.
For future of AI, please refer one paper written by James Barrat,”Intelligence and the End of the Human Era”
From voice-powered personal assistants like Siri and Alexa, to more underlying and fundamental technologies such as behavioral algorithms, suggestive searches and autonomously-powered self-driving vehicles boasting powerful predictive capabilities, there are several examples and applications of artificial intellgience in use today.
Companies like Apple, Facebook and Tesla rollout ground-breaking updates and revolutionary changes to how we interact with machine-learning technology.
Some uses we find in our day to day life are
- Search engines like Google use AI ( Rankbrain) to determine the most appropriate result for a search.
- Various types of online ads use AI to determine who should see a specific ad, based on past behavior, interests and search queries.
- Chatbots are becoming more common in online messengers so that larger brands can assist customers immediately and efficiently.
- Voice searches on smart speakers or even smartphones use AI to determine the best result for those long-tail keywords and conversational queries
- Amazon Echo is capable of voice interaction, playing music, making to-do lists, setting alarms, streaming podcasts, playing audio books, providing weather, traffic and other real-time information.
- Siri is a smart pocket assistant that performs tasks that are usually performed by humans.